Prep 1008 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Adds a fiery hot taste to marinades and sauces.
- 20 fresh hot red chili peppers
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coarsely crushed mustard seeds
- 2 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 3 dried hot red chili peppers
- Halve and deseed the chilies.
- Slice into sixths.
- (note you may want to wear plastic gloves and definitely avoid hand, eye contact while you handle these. Wash hands well afterwards!) Boil vinegar and add chilies and mustard seeds.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Pour into a sterilized jar and store in a cool dark place for 6 weeks.
- Strain vinegar through muslin or a coffee filter into a sterilized bottle to which a few dried red chili peppers have been added.