Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These flash fried shrimp make a stylish first course - ideal for cooking in a hurry.
- 73.94 ml tomato ketchup
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
For the shrimp
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 red chilies, chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh gingerroot, chopped
- 283.49 g raw jumbo shrimp, de-veined and shells removed
- 208.19 ml boiling water
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 2 scallions, shredded
- 59.16 ml cilantro leaves, chopped
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce and leave on one side.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan, and add the vegetable oil. Toss in the chopped garlic, ginger and chilies, and stir fry for about 30 seconds, until the chilies have darkened.
- Add the shrimp and continue frying for about 3-4 minutes - until they turn pink.
- Stir in the sauce, bring to a simmer and pour in the boiling water.
- Sharpen with the lime juice and add the scallions and chopped cilantro.
- Serve straight away with boiled rice.
POW! What a great shrimp dish! DH told me that if I didn't give this recipe all 5 stars then I have no right to be rating recipes. I would have to agree though, this stuff is very good. I made no subs and no changes, made this as written. Thank you so much for sharing English Rose, it's a keeper. Made for Bargain Basement tag game.