Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've been making this sauce since 1988. My son, David, loved it and I've been making it ever since. Add some to almost any savoury dish. It's especially good to serve at the table when only some like it HOT!! Use the same recipe with less chillis and even children will enjoy it.
- Chop all vegetables.
- In a saucepan, stir fry onion in the oil, medium heat, until light brown.
- Add garlic and cook a further 30 seconds.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Bring to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Leave to cool slightly.
- Process with Bamix wand.
- Pour into warm sterile jars or bottles.
- NB: Use scissors to chop hot chillis and avoid touching the raw flesh. Any variety of red chilli can be used; some are milder than others. I usually use the small Thai hot chilli.