Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This has just the right amount of heat.
- 2 dried cayenne peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 4 dried ancho chiles, stemmed and seeded
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- Grind all ingredients to a fine powder in a blender or spice mill.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Freshly made chili powder smells positively heavenly! This made a nicely sized batch that fit into a cleaned empty storebought spice bottle, too. I made this to use as a seasoning in Peri Peri African Chicken. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT4