Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great snack for playing cards, watching a ballgame, etc.
Make and share this Hot Chili Peanuts recipe from Food.com.
- 4 1⁄2 cups dry roasted salted peanuts
- 1⁄8 cup plus 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon plus 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Spread the peanuts in a single layer in an ungreased 15 x 10 x 1 inch jellyroll pan.
- Combine the butter and the rest of the ingredients. Stir well. Pour over the peanuts; toss gently.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, stirring often.
At first when I made these I was a bit disappointed that they were a bit oily after preparing them, but after sitting for a few days the oil has been absorbed into the nuts and they are much better.<br/>The spicing on these is delicious and excellent and makes a very nice batch of spicy peanuts---just make them a few days ahead of time for best results.