Recipe by daisygrl64
This is an other recipe I adapted from one of my recipe books. This dip is great for a poker night, guys sports night or a BBQ event. To keep this dip cool, just place some ice in a bowl, then place your dip bowl on top. Changing ice when necessary. Fancy up your ice bowl with garnishes to hide the ice :) Chill time is cooking time.
Top Review by flower7
I started out making this per the recipe but ended up changing it just a little bit as I went along. I had 2 (1.8 oz) pkg of soup mix and after adding one it seemed like tons so I didn't add the other one. After mixing up and tasting it was overwhelmed by the soup mix so I added what additional sour cream I had (about 4 oz). I used 3 tsp of chili powder, red and yellow tomatoes, and skipped the cayenne; I also shredded the cheese with a fine-tooth grater so it would blend in better. Served with blue corn tortilla chips. Thanks for the recipe daisy!
- 1 (6 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (drained and chopped)
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) packageknorr leek soup mix (dip and recipe mix)
- 3 -4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- black pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)