Prep 10 mins
Cook 27 mins
Family dip for the hockey game. from B H & G Low Cal.
Make and share this Hot Chile Cheese Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 8 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chili peppers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- For tortilla wedges, stack tortillas.
- Cut stack into 8 wedges to make 64 wedges total.
- Spread evenly in a single layer on 2 medium baking sheets.
- Bake in 375°F oven 10 to 15 minutes or till dry and crisp.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
- For dip, in a medium saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil till tender but not brown.
- Stir in tomatoes, chili peppers, chili powder, and hot pepper sauce.
- Boil gently, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon cold water, stir into tomato mixture.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Stir in cheese till melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla wedges.
Excellent! I made this in advance and it reheated well in an 350F oven for 25 minutes. Being a cheese lover I probably used some more cheese then stated in the recipe...