Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this in an old Women's Weekly , a Peter Russell Clarke recipe. This is a slightly adapted version.
- 410 g pitted black cherries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, finely shredded
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 1⁄2 cup orange, hjice
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- Combine undrained cherries, sugar and rind in small pot.
- Stir over medium heat till mixture boils.
- Blend cornflour with juice.
- Stir into cherry mixture.
- Stir over medium heat till sauce boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat, stir in vodka.
- Enjoy with ice cream.
I liked the hint of orange flavor. I used fresh cherries, so had to cook them about 15 minutes to get them softened.