Top Review by Sydney Mike
What an OUTRAGIOUSLY tasty compote ~ It's SO FULL of all kinds of fruit! I did leave out the curry powder, but included everything else & served it as a dessert! Another time I MIGHT do it alongside a roast, but this time . . . Thanks much for the keeper recipe! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16]
- 16 ounces bing cherries, well drained
- 1 lemon, rind of, Grated
- 16 ounces royal ann cherries, drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 16 ounces peach slices, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 11 ounces mandarin orange sections
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1⁄3 cup light raisins
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a buttered, large glass baking dish (9 X 13 or larger), arrange Bing cherries, Royal Ann cherries, peach sliced, pineapple chunks, orange sections, raisins and ginger.
- Sprinkle grated lemon rind over all.
- Make a paste of the melted butter, brown sugar and curry powder and distribute over the fruit.
- Cover with pie filling and pour rum over all.
- Bake in 350F oven 45 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve hot as an accompaniment to meat or poultry, or chilled as a dessert.