Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Southern Living's Quick and Easy Cookbook
Make and share this Hot Cherry Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- Combine cherries and water in a 2-quart saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, and salt; stir into cherry mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thick and clear. Add food coloring, if desired.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and biscuit mix; stir in milk. Drop by spoonfuls on hot cherry mixture.
- Cover tightly and cook gently over medium heat about 15 minutes or until dumplings are firm.
- Serve hot dumplings in compote; pour cherry mixture over dumplings, and top with whipped cream, if desired.