Southern Living's Quick and Easy Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine cherries and water in a 2-quart saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 2Combine 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, and salt; stir into cherry mixture.
- 3Cook, stirring constantly, until thick and clear. Add food coloring, if desired.
- 4Combine 1/4 cup sugar and biscuit mix; stir in milk. Drop by spoonfuls on hot cherry mixture.
- 5Cover tightly and cook gently over medium heat about 15 minutes or until dumplings are firm.
- 6Serve hot dumplings in compote; pour cherry mixture over dumplings, and top with whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Cherry Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.5
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 500.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 5.0 g