Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This spread tastes great served with raw vegetable dippers or lower-fat crackers.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups mushrooms, diced
- 1⁄2 cup soda cracker, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350F(180C).
- In a frypan over medium heat, melt 1 tbsp butter. Add mushrooms and saute until soft.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cracker crumbs and mix well. Press mixture evenly into a 9" (23cm) springform pan.
- In same frypan, melt 1 tsp butter. Add green onions. Sauti until soft.
- Spread onions over crust. Sprinkle evenly with Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses.
- In a blender or food processor, process cottage cheese, eggs and cayenne until smooth
- Pour into crust. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.