Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 19 mins
This recipe was created by Kevin Lynch of Closet Cooking for the Mushroom Masters: A Tournament of Taste Wildcard Round. For more recipes visit Kevin's blog at www.closetcooking.blogspot.com.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 lb mushroom, cleaned and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup broth
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the onion and cook until it starts to caramelize, about 20 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until they start to caramelize, about 20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and sauté until fragrant, about a minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the wine, deglazed the pan and cook until it has evaporated.
- Puree 1/2 of the mushrooms in a food processor.
- Mix the mushrooms, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella and parmigiano reggiano and place in a baking dish.