Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My son invited me to lunch at Applebees and we had an appetizer that I thought was so good I immediately set off to create it and was so glad I did as it has disappeared from their new menu. This is my result...you can raise the heat on the tomato topping by adjusting the amount of chili paste.
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon freeze dried salad herb seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon romano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons asiago cheese, grated
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground fresh chili paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon balsamic glaze
- 1⁄2 loaf crusty bread
- Mix first five ingredients in food processor til smooth. Scrape into oven safe dish and bake 10-15 minutes in 400 degree oven.
- While cheese mixture is baking, dice plum tomatoes in a very small dice. Add chili paste and balsamic glaze. Stir together. Slice and toast bread. Cut each slice diagonally into three triangle shaped pieces. When cheese is finished baking remove from oven, spread on toasted bread and top with tomato mixture.