Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great cheesy dip for bread or pita chips.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Using a Heavy saucepan, melt butter.
- Add in flour, stirring with a wire whisk. Cook and stir about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in milk and wine.
- Heat again till sauce boils and thickens.
- Add cream and cheese, stirring gently till cheese is melted (do not boil).
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.