Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another one from a friend at work! They are a wonderful appetizer, and are the first thing to go at every luncheon (watch out for the kick!) - thanks, Marilyn! Yield is approximate.
- 8 tablespoons margarine, softened (I swear by Blue Bonnet)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground red pepper or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated (prefer sharp, and please grate your own cheese, it will stick together better that way)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely ground pecans
- Cream together the margarine and the grated cheese.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Roll dough into log form, wrap well in waxed paper or plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
- Slice thin (less than 1/4"), place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Note: if dough crumbles a bit when you slice it, simply press the pieces back together. These are not "cookie cutter" crackers.
- Remove carefully with spatula, and allow to cool completely on wire rack.