Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This biscuit-like bread is great served with chili or beef stew. I have stirred roasted garlic into the dough, but it is good as is. Another very easy recipe to make dinner a little easier.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Grease a round pan, 8 x 1 1/2 inches.
- Blend egg, milk and baking mix with fork to form soft dough.
- Stir in half of the cheese.
- Spread dough in the pan.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and poppy seeds over the top.
- Drizle with margarine.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
I made this to go with soup for dinner. Easy to put together and bake while the soup cooks.
Yummmmy bread and so easy to throw together. Will definitely make again. Made for Flour Power event in Cooking Photos.
This was really easy to throw together and came out looking wonderful. I can't wait to have stew so I can make this again! I think this would accompany stew or soup perfectly! Thanks for posting!