Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very, very tasty and a hit at parties! (People don't know it's lowcarb, eh?)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1 (5 ounce) jar dried beef, chopped (it might come in a bag 4.5 ozs.)
- vegetables, to dip
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Saute the onion, bell pepper, scallions, and garlic cloves in the butter in a small frying pan over low heat until the vegetables are soft but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the worcestershire and cream cheese and mix well.
- Add the mayonnaise, cheddar, cashews, and dried beef and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into an attractive baking dish and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
- In the meantime, prepare your dippers: I prefer cold, raw veggies such as celery, cucumber, Belgian endive, and cauliflower, but hot dip works well with crisply-steamed cauliflower, broccoli, brussels sprouts, or green beans, too (the hot dip against the cool raw vegetable is a nice contrast). Any veggies you like would probably be fine, but remember that if you're aiming for lower-carb, that vegetables aren't carb-free by any means. After fiber subtraction, about 7-9 carbs per serving.
- If you're not lower-carbing, this stuff is just plain good. :) Dip in with whatever you want... pita chips, bread pieces, and so on. So very, very good! A little decadent, party living!