Recipe by Valynn Victoria
My newest creation, let me know how it works for you!
Top Review by SarasotaCook
Loved it too. Made it for PAC 2010. Nice creamy, the blue was a nice addition as the red pepper just for a little heat. I did add 2 1/2 cans, just because I had and extra 1/2 can in the fridge from 2 days ago which I had to use or freeze, so I threw it in. Nice dip. I served with the bread as well as some hearty wheat Pepperridge Farm crackers. I used a hearty sourdough round bread, but a dark pumpernickle would work too. I used a shredded white cheddar and I did add some scallions fine chopped to the dip which I liked but it change the over all flavor. This is definitely a keeper! Thx for sharing, Kim
- 1 loaf of round bread
- 2 (8 ounce) packages neufchatel cheese
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat
- 2 ounces fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- red pepper flakes
- dried basil
- sea salt
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Hollow out bread, saving the pieces for serving w/dip. I like pumpernickel.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine cheeses and crab meat. Mix well.
- Add last four ingredients to taste but be careful-don't over do it.
- Put mixture in bread bowl and bake for about 20 min or until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with bread pieces or Triscut crackers mmmmmm!