Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Serve this cheese-topped bread hot from the grill.
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped chili powder
- French bread, cut into half crosswise
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- Heat grill. In small bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise, onions, & chili powder; stir until well mixed.
- Slice each half of loaf in half lengthwise.
- Spread cut side of bread with cheese mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Arrange olive slices over cheese mixture. Wrap each bread quarter in heavy-duty foil.
- Place foil packets on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 10-15 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
- OVEN METHOD: Heat oven to 350. Prepare bread as directed above. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until thoroughly heated & cheese is melted.