Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I adopted this from the Recipezaar account. A great bean dip that's a bit different from others. I sometimes add a little extra cheese or hot sauce. Serving size is an estimate.
- 453.59 g can pinto beans, drained & mashed
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies
- 1.23 ml hot pepper sauce
- 113.39 g sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir all ingredients together until well mixed. Spoon into a 1 - 1.5 qt ovenproof dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve hot with tortilla chips.
Totally addicting!! I ate way too much of this! With a golden tortilla chip dipped in, it was just amazing! Will definitely be making this again!
Followed this recipe exactly. Had it for my super bowl party and I am sorry to say..no one ate it. People tried it but did not finish it. I will make it again and play around with it.
I can only give this 3 starts but I have to say that it could be my fault for using the wrong ingredients. All I had was fat-free cheddar so that's what I used and as a result, I felt the dip was really pretty bland. I think the recipe lends itself well to modifications based on taste so I will try it again using either a sharp cheddar (as directed) or possibly pepperjack. I mixed the ingredients together in a food processor to ensure consistency and for ease of preparation.