Recipe by shawnajean
This is from Diabetes Control for Life website.
Top Review by UmmBinat
This is a nice chai. Not too sweet which is good. The spices were fine however they left sediment in the bottom of my mug. I used a regular Yellow Label orange pekoe tea bag and since we are dairy free I used homemade almond milk and did not have the sliced almonds on the side, which I think may be meant to go on top. It was good with the almond milk but I was careful not to boil again with it or the honey as it may separate being dairy free and you are not meant to heat honey up. I did use allspice instead of nutmeg as we do not consume intoxicants. Rather than simmer the tea bags 2 minutes I steeped it the same amount of time.
- 1 decaffeinated tea bag
- 4 fluid ounces nonfat milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 4 fluid ounces (1/2 cup) of water to boiling in a saucepan on the stove top.
- Add tea bag; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove tea bag.
- Stir milk, honey and spices into tea. Heat to boiling again.
- Stir with wire whisk to foam the milk.
- Pour into cups and serve immediately with almonds.