Recipe by princess buttercup
The spices in this hot chocolate are "body warming" and tasty! Inspired by my love of Chai Spiced tea.
Top Review by Geniale Genie
This is wonderful! Made 1/2 the recipe because I was running low on some of the ingredients, but will definitely be making this again. Too bad I found this recipe just when winter's over :( For the extras, I only added the tumeric. I instead of chocolate chips, I added a generous scoop of chocolate ice cream over top, which made it cool enough to drink right away. It smelled so nice, I didn't have the patience to let it cool before tasting it. Mmm!!! Thanks Princess.
- 4 cups skim milk powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure all ingredients up to marshmallows into a large bowl.
- With a fork, mash/mix the powdered ingredients.
- add marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- measure approx.
- 1/3 cup into cup and add hot water to half fill cup.
- (measurement is based on all ingredients being used) stir/blend vigorously.
- add hot water to fill cup and stir.