Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The spices in this hot chocolate are "body warming" and tasty! Inspired by my love of Chai Spiced tea.
- 4 cups skim milk powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Measure all ingredients up to marshmallows into a large bowl.
- With a fork, mash/mix the powdered ingredients.
- add marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- measure approx.
- 1/3 cup into cup and add hot water to half fill cup.
- (measurement is based on all ingredients being used) stir/blend vigorously.
- add hot water to fill cup and stir.
This is wonderful! Made 1/2 the recipe because I was running low on some of the ingredients, but will definitely be making this again. Too bad I found this recipe just when winter's over :( For the extras, I only added the tumeric. I instead of chocolate chips, I added a generous scoop of chocolate ice cream over top, which made it cool enough to drink right away. It smelled so nice, I didn't have the patience to let it cool before tasting it. Mmm!!! Thanks Princess.
We were very happy with this mix. I used fresh ground cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves. My wife really loved it.
This was fabulous! I added the extra choco-chips to make a rich chocolatey chai. This is a definite keeper, and I have a jar full at the office for those afternoons I need a pick-me-up. Wonderful combination of flavors. Thanks princess, made for Comfort Cafe, Jan 2009!