Recipe by BecR
This concoction reminds me of hot apple pie! Top with whipped cream and cinnamon sticks for a delicious and welcome autumn treat. Makes about 2 quarts. From Victoria Magazine.
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 orange
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup caramel sauce (such as Smuckers)
- whipped cream, to garnish
- ground cinnamon or cinnamon stick, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Press cloves into skin of an orange.
- In a large stockpot, over medium-high heat, bring apple cider to a boil. Add prepared orange and cinnamon sticks.
- Reduce heat, and simmer on low for about 1 hour.
- Stir in cream and caramel sauce. Cook until just heated through.
- Garnish with whipping cream and ground cinnamon (or cinnamon sticks), if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: Can also be made by the mug in the microwave (use a little orange juice in place of the whole orange), or in the crockpot for larger groups.