Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a simple recipe for a great appetizer, especially before a hearty Italian meal or as a selection at a cocktail party. I threw it together because I love all of the ingredients on their own and they're amazing together.
- 1). Preheat the oven to 425.
- 2). Cut each slice of bread in half.
- 3). Lightly brush each half slice of bread with olive oil.
- 4). Place 2 slices of prosciutto on each slice of brushed bread.
- 5). Place a half piece of mozzarella atop the prosciutto.
- 6). Place a tomato slice atop each piece of cheese and salt VERY LIGHTLY.
- 7). Place canapes on a cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven approximately 5-7 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- 8). Sprinkle parsley over canapes to garnish, place on serving tray and enjoy.