Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated (3 oz)
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 slices white bread or 4 slices whole wheat bread
- Mix lightly the cheese, veggies, and vinegar.
- Add in a mixture of salt and chili powder. Set aside.
- Toast the bread.
- Spread one side of each slice with the mixture.
- Arrange sandwiches on a broiler rack.
- Place in broiler with top of sandwiches 3 inches from heat source.
- Broil about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.