This soup is really good with Cheese and Herb Corn Muffins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium onions, grated or minced
- 4 cups white cabbage, grated or finely shredded
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 medium parsnips or 1 medium turnip, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- vegetable stock (as needed) or water (as needed)
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons salt free herb and spice seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 -3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, to taste
- 1 1/2-2 cups low-fat milk or 1 1/2-2 cups soymilk, as needed
- salt and pepper
- low-fat sour cream (optional) or plain yogurt (optional)
- 1Heat the oil in a large soup pot.
- 2Add the onions and saute over medium heat until golden.
- 3Add the cabbage, carrots, parsnip or turnip, and celery along with just enough stock or water to cover.
- 4Bring to a simmer, then simmer gently, covered, until the vegies are nerly tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- 5Stir in the oats, seasoning mix, dill and vinegar, and simmer for another 10-15 minutes or until the vegies are done.
- 6Stir in the milk as needed, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Simmer just until the soup is heated through Serve if you like, with a small dollopof sour cream or yogurt.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Cabbage Slaw Soup
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.9
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 59.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt free herb and spice seasoning mix