Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make a batch and serve it by the mug! cozy up by the fire or have some handy for drop in friends or carolers! I don't know how many this serves but it's a boatload. Freezes well. Time does not include freezing time before serving.
- Mix all ingredients in a large pot, except liquors.
- Heat very slowly, stirring until mixture.
- is like thin cake batter.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Cover and freeze.
- ready to serve, put 2 well rounded tablespoons of the frozen mixture in a mug.
- Add rum and brandy.
- Fill remainder of cup with hot water and stir to melt frozen mixture.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Best hot buttered rum ever! The only change I make is using Oberweis cinnamon ice cream and add a teaspoon of vanilla. Perfect winter wam-me-up!