Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
Make a batch and serve it by the mug! cozy up by the fire or have some handy for drop in friends or carolers! I don't know how many this serves but it's a boatload. Freezes well. Time does not include freezing time before serving.
- 1 lb brown sugar
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 lb butter
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- boiling water
- 1 -1 1⁄2 ounce rum, per mug (to taste, 1/2-1 jigger)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 ounce brandy, per mug (to taste, 1/2-1 jigger)
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a large pot, except liquors.
- Heat very slowly, stirring until mixture.
- is like thin cake batter.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Cover and freeze.
- ready to serve, put 2 well rounded tablespoons of the frozen mixture in a mug.
- Add rum and brandy.
- Fill remainder of cup with hot water and stir to melt frozen mixture.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.