Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is delicious served over apple pie or ice cream or eaten with a spoon :) So good and makes an ordinary pie or ice cream extraordinary! I got the recipe from Avery Pursell and Challenge Butter
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stir in brown sugar and heavy cream until sugar is melted.
- Pour in rum, and simmer, stirring until the sauce is smooth, thickened, and reduced.
- Stir in Challenge Butter until melted.