Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Cooking Light, November 2007
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄3 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup ripe mashed banana (about 1 banana)
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Lightly coat an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray; dust with 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg; stir with a whisk to combine.
- Combine sugar and 1/4 cup butter in a large bowl; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Add egg substitute; beat until combined.
- Beat in banana, rum, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan with a spatula; smooth top.
- Bake for 30 minutes; gently remove from oven, and drizzle top with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.