Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This warms you from the inside out.........wonderful after a day of skiing or sledding. My sister gave me this recipe a long time ago and I have been making it around Thanksgiving to enjoy through Christmas every since ;) I make several batches to take as hostess gifts (in pretty jars) for holiday parties. I am unsure of servings and yield- so I put 1 in each field. I will update when I make again
- 1⁄2 gallon premium vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 lb butter, softened (no substitute)
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 lb dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients-mixing well with mixer. Place in freezer safe container and store in freezer until ready to use.
- To serve: Place 1 ounce rum in mug with 2 Tbs. mix (or to taste). Fill mug with boiling water and top with additional nutmeg if desired.
This was perfect! The heat went out in our house and this made things SO much better!