Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Hot Buttered Rum is the PERFECT drink for a cold winter day! These are what we always drink when there is snow on the ground but it's really a great drink for any day you feel like you need to nurture yourself! The mix without rum will keep for months in the refrigerator, ready for that perfect evening.... I wasn't sure how to post this with the rum so decided to post the mix separately as the mix makes way more than one drink!!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (not butter)
- 1 lb light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Angostura bitters
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- SPICE MIX:.
- Combine all ingredients except rum and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate until ready to use. Will keep for a very long time in the refrigerator.
- See my recipe for Hot Buttered Rum Drink for the whole drink recipe!