An adaptation of a Trader Vic's recipe. Wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- 2Add spices and salt and beat again to combine.
- 3Chill buttered rum base until ready to use, up to 2 weeks.
- 4To make one hot buttered rum, put 2 tablespoons of base and 1 1/2 oz. rum into an 8 oz. mug and fill with boiling water.
- 5Stir to melt and mix; serve at once.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Buttered Rum from Saveur Magazine
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.8
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 137.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 0.1 g