Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An adaptation of a Trader Vic's recipe. Wonderful!
- 3⁄4 lb softened butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- aged rum (high quality)
- boiling water
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add spices and salt and beat again to combine.
- Chill buttered rum base until ready to use, up to 2 weeks.
- To make one hot buttered rum, put 2 tablespoons of base and 1 1/2 oz. rum into an 8 oz. mug and fill with boiling water.
- Stir to melt and mix; serve at once.