Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple, soothing winter nightcap. Quick and easy. This one is for grown-ups, no ice cream here.
- 1 ounce dark rum
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar or 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 -2 teaspoon unsalted butter (to taste)
- 1 cinnamon sticks or 1 pinch cinnamon
- Mix together the rum, sugar, and lemon juice in a heatproof mug. Add the boiling water. Top with butter. Stir with the cinnamon stick.
Lovely hot toddy for cold winter nights! The lemon was interesting as I'm used to thinking buttered rum as a smooth, creamy tasting drink - but it was nice! Would cut the sugar down to 2 ts the next time. Thank you for sharing!