Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sweet and delicious! Easily doubles.
- 1 1⁄2 cups precut baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon spiced rum
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Steam or boil carrots until crisp tender, or to your liking.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat, stir in brown sugar, rum and nutmeg.
- Heat about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in carrots and cook until coated with sauce and just heated through.
- Serve hot.
These were ok but not a 5 star. The carrots were not as sweet as usual, this could have been part of the reason I didn't like this recipe.
I can't get enough "hot buttered rum" as it is.. These are AMAZING! I have found my FAV! Thanks so much. My carrots didn't cook all the way ( I managed to get some big fatties some how) But perfectly cooked carrots are key for the best flavor! these ROCK! Thanks Kelly :O)