Recipe by lesliecoy
This recipe was given to me by my friend,Debi Bundy, in 1980 when we were stationed at Holloman AFB in New Mexico. A Great way to warm up on a cold winter night! Also, the mix when stored in smaller jars makes a wonderful winter gift.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
I'd never had this before but here in Trinidad Rum is a BIG deal, so decided to give this a try as I've heard of it - but never tried it. Well, you can bet I'll be having it more often. It's so creamy and good. Even though it's warm here - the taste is so good and it's so easy to make. We offered it to some of our Trini Friends and they really enjoyed it a lot. But it sure makes a lot.
- 1 lb butter
- 2 lbs brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Brown Sugar in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl, and add the spices and mix well.
- Pour the butter and spice mixture over the Brown Sugar and add the eggs and mix until smooth. (Aprox. 15 mins).
- Once mixed, store in refrigerator in a large jar.
- To Serve: 1 heaping Tbsp Batter Mix, 1 1/2 jigger Rum in a Mug, fill with Hot Water and stir with cinnamon stick.