Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
What could be better than hot buttered rum? On apples? On a cheesecake!
Make and share this Hot Buttered Rum Apple Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups almond meal
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 40 ounces cream cheese, packages at room temperature (5 8 oz packages)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 apples
- 1⁄2 tablespoon rum
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Butter rum sauce
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (scant)
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly and press into a spring form pan. You want it going about 1" up the sides.
- Poke the crust with a fork to keep it from bubbling, and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, or until brown.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix the cream cheese with a beater. This is much easier to do at room temperature. Add the sour cream and beat until fully blended. Add the sugars and salt; mix thoroughly. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each. Add the lemon juice and vanilla. Mix until fully blended.
- Pour onto the pie crust and tap the edges of the pan firmly to dislodge extra bubbles.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Then turn off the oven and let the cake sit another hour before removing it to cool to room temperature. Do not open the oven until it has sat the hour without heat. It will collapse a bit and get cracks.
- Peel and core the apples. Dice into bite sized pieces. Coat with the sugar and let sit for 15 minutes. This releases water from the apples. Once it has "sweated" out the liquid, add the rum and let cook over very low heat until almost soft. Remove from heat.
- Butter rum sauce:.
- Mix all the ingredients. Make sure the butter is melted first, or the sugars can burn too quickly. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly, until it begins to boil and halves in volume. Pour over the apples and set aside. Pour over the cheesecake once the cake is at room temperature.