Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just the thing to warm you up on a chilly winter's night. :)
Make and share this Hot Buttered Rum recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons butter or 4 teaspoons margarine, softened (butter preferred)
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- lemon slice (optional)
- In a 2-cup measure stir together the brown sugar, butter or margarine, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Stir in the warm water.
- Microwave, uncovered, on 100% power for 3 to 4 minutes or until steaming hot.
- Stir in the rum.
- Serve in mugs.
- Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
I added 2T of sweetened consensed milk (I had left over from another recipe). OMG!!! It tasted like butterscotch discs had melted on my tongue good! Move over warmed cider...You've been replaced!
I doubled the brown sugar (sweet tooth) and added milk for more of an Irish Creme drink. Gosh this was good. I think I'll make this at Christmas instead of warm cider. Thanks for sharing.
Smooth drink, but definitely needs more than a dash of cinnamon. I used 1/2 teaspoon, and then added a dash of ground cloves. Thanks for posting.