Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great to prepare ahead of time for Christmas gatherings.
- 1 lb butter
- 16 ounces dark brown sugar
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- 1 quart softened vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- dark rum
- cinnamon stick
- With mixer or food processor, cream butter.
- Gradually add dark sugar then powdered sugar, then ice cream.
- Add nutmeg and cinnamon last.
- Spoon 1 large heaping tablespoon of mixture into a mug.
- Add 1 jigger of dark rum and hot water to fill the cup.
- Add cinnamon stick.
- The rest of the mixture may be put into a sealed container and kept in refrigerator for future use.
This is very tasty and VERY rich. Making the goo first works wonderfully for parties. I threw it in the blender before my (informal) party and just poured a little in each mug from that! Worked great!
wonderful batter. much better than anything you buy and much cheaper too. we found if you replace the h2o with hot apple cider you get a wonderful richer drink.
Other than using regular brown sugar, and a 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, and cutting the recipe in half, this was real enjoyable with the neighbor and us, while watching a little sports on tv today.Made for I Recommend.