Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Talk about your soul food! Boy this is some serious good soul food! This is the real deal! It not only smells good, it is good!
- 6 ears corn
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup evaporated milk, warmed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the kernels off the ears. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the bacon, and fry till crisp. Drain on paper towels and crumble.
- In the drippings in the pan, sauté the corn kernels until lightly browned. Add the butter and heat until melted.
- Stir in the flour until smooth and gradually stir in the evaporated milk.
- Stir in the crumbled bacon and cover and cook and cook until the sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.
this is some seriously good corn, what a great recipe, I also added in 3 minced garlic cloves and some cayenne pepper, I recommend this recipe to any corn lover, it's so good, oh forgot to mention I sprinkled some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top, thanks for a winner Fluffy!
Added a 4 oz can of diced green chilies for just a little bit of zip without the heat. GREAT RECIPE.
WOWZAHS! I made this because I wanted a soul food-ish corn dish and THIS IS IT! My BF said he loved creamed corn and I was so confused because I HATED creamed corn growing up because I had only tried the canned stuff. When he asked me to make it and I gave him the canned stuff he was upset it wasnt how he remembered. I just made this to give him when he gets home from work tonight and I tried it, heavenly! I'm so excited to give it to him. I used frozen corn but other than that followed the recipe to a "T." Thank you Fluffy!