Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Talk about your soul food! Boy this is some serious good soul food! This is the real deal! It not only smells good, it is good!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
this is some seriously good corn, what a great recipe, I also added in 3 minced garlic cloves and some cayenne pepper, I recommend this recipe to any corn lover, it's so good, oh forgot to mention I sprinkled some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top, thanks for a winner Fluffy!
- 6 ears corn
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup evaporated milk, warmed
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the kernels off the ears. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the bacon, and fry till crisp. Drain on paper towels and crumble.
- In the drippings in the pan, sauté the corn kernels until lightly browned. Add the butter and heat until melted.
- Stir in the flour until smooth and gradually stir in the evaporated milk.
- Stir in the crumbled bacon and cover and cook and cook until the sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.