Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A warm, wonderful holiday punch for grownups.
- 4 ounces dark brown sugar
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 10 pieces orange rind
- 10 cinnamon sticks
- 30 cranberries (fresh or dried)
- 7 cups cranberry juice
- 10 (1 1/2 ounce) jiggers rum
- Mix sugar, butter and spices together until creamy. Can be stored for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
- For each serving: Put one heaping tablespoon of butter mixture into clear heat-proo glass mug.
- Add cinnamon stick, orange peel, and cranberries to cranberry juice and bring just to a boil (you can place this in a chafing dish and allow guest to fix their own).
- Add 3/4 cup cranberry along with some of the orange peel, a cinnamon stick, and cranberries, to each glass. Add a jigger of rum. Stir to blend.