Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Really good on cold days. Not as spicy as most spiced cider recipes, this is more creamy and rich.
Make and share this Hot Buttered Cider recipe from Food.com.
- 1 gallon apple cider (or unfiltered apple juice)
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 10 allspice berries
- 2 cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 14 pieces butter rum flavored Lifesavers candies (optional)
- Heat cider in a pot with cinnamon, allspice berries, cloves, and vanilla bean.
- Add brown sugar and candies (if using) and stir until dissolved.
- Keep mixture below a boil at just a light simmer.
- Remove cinnamon stick after 15 to 30 minutes.
- Add cider vinegar.
- Serve in mugs with a pat of butter added to each mug.