Recipe by Catfish Charlie
Really good on cold days. Not as spicy as most spiced cider recipes, this is more creamy and rich.
- 1 gallon apple cider (or unfiltered apple juice)
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 10 allspice berries
- 2 cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 14 pieces butter rum flavored Lifesavers candies (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat cider in a pot with cinnamon, allspice berries, cloves, and vanilla bean.
- Add brown sugar and candies (if using) and stir until dissolved.
- Keep mixture below a boil at just a light simmer.
- Remove cinnamon stick after 15 to 30 minutes.
- Add cider vinegar.
- Serve in mugs with a pat of butter added to each mug.