1/2 Photos of Hot Buttered Bourbon (With Nutmeg Butter)
Hot buttered bourbon is usually made with plain water, and sweetened, but this recipe uses cider instead. From the book, "Drinks to Warm Body & Soul", this drink can also be made with rum or brandy instead of bourbon. Time does not include time used to make Nutmeg Butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider or 1 1/2 cups water, plus
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon allspice berry
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup Bourbon
NUTMEG BUTTER (use 2 slices)
- 1In a small saucepan, combine the cider, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and ginger and place over low heat.
- 2Cook at a simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in the bourbon and bring back to a simmer; immediately remove from the heat.
- 4Pour into 2 warmed mugs and top each with a slice of Nutmeg Butter.
- 5NUTMEG BUTTER (makes about 16 servings):.
- 6Put all ingredients in a small bowl and stir with a rubber spatula to combine.
- 7Place the butter mixture on a sheet of wax paper or plastic wrap and shape into a log about the size of the original stick of butter.
- 8Chill in the freezer for about 30 minutes, until firm but not frozen hard.
- 9Slice into 1/4-inch rounds (about 1/2 teaspoon) to use in buttered drinks.
- 10The butter will keep, frozen and tightly wrapped for at least a month; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before slicing it. It will keep in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Buttered Bourbon (With Nutmeg Butter)
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.3
- Calories from Fat 416
- Total Fat 46.2 g
- Saturated Fat 29.2 g
- Cholesterol 122.1 mg
- Sodium 334.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: