This wonderful drink actually makes you look forward to the cooler weather. And it's great at Thanksgiving or Christmas in lieu of mulled wine, etc. Garnish this warming drink with lemon slices and a cinnamon stick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the first 5 ingredients to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat; cover and let steep for about 5 minutes.
- 2Add 2 T. chilled butter to saucepan; bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- 3Stir in bourbon and lemon juice. Strain into a large measuring cup.
- 4Divide hot cider among 4 mugs. Cut 1 T. butter into 4 pieces. Add 1 piece to each mug. Sprinkle nutmeg over.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Buttered Bourbon and Cider
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.7
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 6.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 0.1 g