A cold weather hot toddy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider (or 1 1/2 cup water with 2 tablespoons brown sugar)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon allspice berry
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup Bourbon
- 1Make the nutmeg butter: add all the butter ingredients into a small bowl; stir with a rubber spatula to combine.
- 2Place butter mixture on a sheet of wax paper or plastic wrap; roll it into a log shape about the size of the original stick of butter, twisting the paper together at the ends to smooth out the log.
- 3Chill in the freezer for about 30 minutes, until firm but not frozen hard (slice into ¼-inch rounds to use in buttered drinks).
- 4Make the hot drink: in a small saucepan, combine the cider, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and ginger; put over low heat.
- 5Cook at a simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in the bourbon and bring back to a simmer, immediately remove from heat.
- 7Pour into 2 warmed mugs; top each with a slice of nutmeg butter.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Buttered Bourbon
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 659.3
- Calories from Fat 416
- Total Fat 46.2 g
- Saturated Fat 29.2 g
- Cholesterol 122.1 mg
- Sodium 329.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: