Recipe by Panakanic
I made this for my family for the first time today, and my teenagers loved it after coming in from the snow.It is a wonderful beverage to warm up with! I have been making this since my college days, so long ago that I don't remember where I found the recipe. I have always loved the variety of ways to serve this. The recipe makes a very large amount, and can easily be halved. Cook time is the time it might take to stir it into your beverage of choice!
- 6 cups firmly packed brown sugar (3 lbs.)
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon rum extract
- 1 tablespoon brandy extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Beat on medium speed of electric mixer until smoothly blended Store up to 3 months in refrigerator in air tight container To serve: stir 1 tsp to 1 Tbsp (more to taste) of mix into each 6 to 8 oz serving of hot water and add a splash of rum or brandy.
- For a non-alcoholic drink, stir into hot water, hot apple juice, hot orange juice, or hot milk.
- Make a cappuccino by adding it to hot coffee with cream and a cinnamon stick.