Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is great for the holidays! The warm goodness is irresistable.
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 7 cups apple juice
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups rum
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons butter
- Place spices into a spice bag. (This can be made with double thickness of cheesecloth that is gathered and tied up with kitchen string.).
- In a slow cooker (at least 3 1/2 quart) combine spice bag, apple juice, rum and brown sugar.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 4).
- When serving, float 1/2 teaspoon butter on each serving.