1/4 Photos of Hot Buttered Apple Drink
Mimi in Maine's Note:
This is a simple beverage. You can use apple juice or cider if you have it. You mix up the butter, sugar, and spices and keep in the refrigerator until you need a tiny spoonful to put into your boiling hot apple juice. Serve in clear glass mugs and garnish with a lemon slice and cinnamon stick, if desired. Good on a cold night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/2 gallon apple juice (or whatever amount you want) or 1/2 gallon cider (or whatever amount you want)
- 1In a large bowl beat butter, brown sugar, and spices till light and fluffy.
- 2Cover and store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- 3To serve: spoon one rounded tablespoon of spice butter into a mug and fill with 3/4 cup boiling apple juice; stir to blend.
- 4Garnish with lemon slice and cinnamon stick if desired.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Buttered Apple Drink
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.3
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 119.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 0.2 g