Recipe by Rita~
A nice way to scent to home and warm the spirit!
Top Review by emcquaid
We made this buttered rum the center of a neighborhood gathering. It was a real hit! We all loved it. I made exactly as the recipe is written until the last step - everyone got to adjust their own rum level. My daughters new favorite drink now is hot buttered mulled water! Will save this recipe and make again many times. Thanks!
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 2 cups dark rum or 2 cups spiced rum
- heavy cream, whipped
- ground nutmeg, for topping
- cinnamon stick
Directions See How It's Made
- Put first 7 ingredients into crock pot.
- Add 2 quarts hot water.
- Stir well.
- Cover pot and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Add rum and stir to blend.
- Serve from pot in warm mugs with a scoop of whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg and cinnamon stick as stirrer.