Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A nice way to scent to home and warm the spirit!
Make and share this Hot Butter Your Buns With Buttered Rum in a Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 2 cups dark rum or 2 cups spiced rum
- heavy cream, whipped
- ground nutmeg, for topping
- cinnamon stick
- Put first 7 ingredients into crock pot.
- Add 2 quarts hot water.
- Stir well.
- Cover pot and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Add rum and stir to blend.
- Serve from pot in warm mugs with a scoop of whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg and cinnamon stick as stirrer.
also thought this was great but a little too sweet. will halv sugar next time! was away for the holidays and didn't have any cardamom pods so improvised and put about a tsp or so in a coffee filter and tied with a twist tie (should of put the cloves in there too!) used captain nelson spiced rum and topped with whipped cream in a can. tell ya what, it sure didn't last long! brought back some memories for an uncle who hadn't had it homemade since '88! THANKS Rita!!
We made this buttered rum the center of a neighborhood gathering. It was a real hit! We all loved it. I made exactly as the recipe is written until the last step - everyone got to adjust their own rum level. My daughters new favorite drink now is hot buttered mulled water! Will save this recipe and make again many times. Thanks!
I found the spices right, but the amount of sugar was too much and it was too runny for my tastes. With a few mods, I enjoyed it.