Hot, but sweet ...
Make and share this Hot, but Sweet Corn & Potato Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- put a bit of oil in a big stock pan, and add the onions (it will be a lot, i always just run these through the cuisinart to get good thick sections instead of squares and it saves on the tears).
- cook the onions for ~10 min, until they are clear and a little brown.
- add the leek and corn, cook for 5 more minute.
- add the creamed corn and potatoes. if necessary, add milk to thin the soup out a bit and cover the potatoes.
- stir in the spices.
- cover and simmer for 20 min, or until the potatoes are cooked through.
This is FANTASTIC!!! Instead of the oil, I fried a few strips of bacon that I cut up. And, I also added a couple of ribs of celery. For the whole k. corn I used white corn. Very Good GAY!!!
Very good soup Malarkey Test! It truly is Hot and Sweet! I enjoyed bflygirl's suggested variations and incorporated several... but left in the thyme (makes such a difference!) Served with a dollop of sour cream, topped with chopped cilantro and Italian blend shredded cheese on the side, to be added individually! Got rave reviews! Thanks so much for a great recipe! We will enjoy again! Mama Marilyn
Great Soup. I tweed the recipe some. I used 5 idaho potatoes with skin instead of red (did not have any) and added one can of chicken broth, one small can of green chili's (did not have jalapenio). We also like foods spicey, so added cayenne pepper and some nutmeg too. Very Good Chowder. Thanks!