- cooking oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans corn
- 6 small red potatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup milk (to thin the soup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- put a bit of oil in a big stock pan, and add the onions (it will be a lot, i always just run these through the cuisinart to get good thick sections instead of squares and it saves on the tears).
- cook the onions for ~10 min, until they are clear and a little brown.
- add the leek and corn, cook for 5 more minute.
- add the creamed corn and potatoes. if necessary, add milk to thin the soup out a bit and cover the potatoes.
- stir in the spices.
- cover and simmer for 20 min, or until the potatoes are cooked through.